purity

Any gay people with FB?

Hi

I am new to this site and i feel very lonely. The problem is that i don't have any friends. I think i am getting more and more depressed, unmotivated, isolated... are there any other gay people with FB?

I believe Bob Bear bats for the other side and after doing so is often found travalling on the other bus homeward bound.

He is also fond of wearing sensible shoes and enjoys wearing frocks at the weekends.

He likes to play it straight when darting about this forum - He is forever protesting that he isn't a lifter of the shirt and claims that he likes girls (especially if they are call JohnnyBoy)

Whatever Mr Bear says, I know from first-hand experience that at the very least he is most definitely gay for pay!

I'll show you how gay I am when I stick my coc... Miss Laugh-ish.

Purity,

I'm sorry that your post had to go in this direction. The fact is that it doesn't mater whether you are gay or not. We're all in this boat together (blushers and sweaters). We tend to isolate ourselves because of anxiety that we create by worrying about what other people might think.

Once you isolate yourself, It's quite easy to just sit back and let life pass you up. My advice to you is this:

Participate in our discussions, show your personality and have fun with it (Lavish does). The best way to kick the lonely blues is to work your way back into the social atmosphere. I have found that having someone close to me is VERY helpful with my general well being. Maybe try an Internet dating site? I did a few months ago and met a great girl. We hit it off great, and we're already taking little weekend getaways. Even if you don't meet 'the one', It's still good practice when you meet the wrong ones.

Wow you were so brave to meet up, did you tell her about your blushing before you met?

I have tried internet dating, dating in the real world is especially hard for gay guys without the added pressure of turning red all of the time.

Purity,

I agree entirely with Jon. It seems that many, MANY people use the internet to meet these days.

I was always one of those people who thought meeting on the net was impossible and therefore not even worth considering. Yet I found my current love on this very site (of all places)! Guess thats what you call a poetic lesson in NEVER saying never!

In many ways, meeting in such a way is far preferable to meeting first in the real world. Over the internet, people are far more likely to open themselves up given the comparative lack of 'pressure'. Its very different to meeting first in the real world where instinct can take over and cause us to act differently.

So I say go for it! And I wish you all the best.

BB

PS. When I said my 'current love' I was not talking of Lavish. She is purely my 'bit on the side' :wink:

Purity,

PS. When I said my 'current love' I was not talking of Lavish. She is purely my 'bit on the side' :wink:

Oh! Mr Bear you say the sweetest things!

In truth, I am everybody’s bit on the side - a bit like the mustard one leaves on the side of the plate.

I am very hot - but not everyone can take the heat (or as the old saying goes: cut the mustard!!!!)

I'll show you how gay I am when I stick my coc... Miss Laugh-ish.

Oooooooooooo Yeeeeeeeeeessss Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee! – Give it to me you big tease.

I just want to hear you whisper into my desperately anxious ear those six magic little words:

“Brace yourself I’m going in dry!â€

PS: Mr Bear - your current love - are we talking about Geoffery here?

Wow you were so brave to meet up, did you tell her about your blushing before you met?

I have tried internet dating, dating in the real world is especially hard for gay guys without the added pressure of turning red all of the time.

No. I didn't tell her that I had a blushing problem until after things started 'heating up'. We had a sit down talk, in my living room. She said she had recently seen an episode of 'ER' (I think that was the show) with a woman that had this same problem (I blushed like h*ll when I told her) . She also confided in me with some of her deep secrets. Now I feel so comfortable around her.

Its hard enough to meet decent hetro sexuals partners, so I would imagine that meeting a decent gay man would be pretty disheartening. I think Yahoo personals has the option to search for same sex dates?

I too used to think that only desperate weird-os met people on the Internet... until I recently tried it myself. There are a lot of freaks out there, but its good practice when you meet the wrong ones. I was nervous as heck when I went to meet the first Internet gal. But thank god for clonidine, it smoothed me out real fine.

Hey Bob, thats great that you met a gal right here on this site. I always thought that you and Vickygirl had some chemistry. Could it be her?

After thought: One tip that I learned in therapy was that, in order to make friends easier, you need to open up a little and expose some of your flaws and fears. This puts others at ease and its easier for them to relate to you. Not too much though, its a bit of an art.

To be serious for a moment:

Johnnyboy, you are perfectly correct about being open with people. Everyone on this planet has issues – even the seemingly successful people. Just take a peek at any celebrity magazine to gain an insight into peoples insecurities.

I knew a girl who was just amazing beautiful, yet even she was unable to accept compliments because she was so insecure. I recall once that she said that she wished she had anorexia so she could be more slender! – Go figure that one?

Anyway, the point I am attempting to illustrate is that the majority of people out there are existing in a general state of anxiety – more often than not brought about by a sense of not feeling quite good enough.

This is why Johnnyboy’s advice about opening up a little about your issues is a jolly good idea as it immediately puts people at ease because it allows the other person to empathise a little with you - It is such a relief to discover that you aren’t the only one with problems.

Although, as Johnnyboy quite rightly pointed out – the secret is not to completely bare your soul at the very first meeting – you don’t wish to come across as completely venerable or an emotional wreck.

Adversity tends to bring people together – and a problem shared is a problem halved.

This is what is so great about forums such as this, because it allows people to come together to share their thoughts and experiences knowing that there will be an acceptance and empathy from the membership.

Finally, as I stated before, every single person alive today has issues and consequently an accompanying sense of vulnerability – tap into this with a sense of understanding and empathy and you will find friendship wherever you go.

Its hard enough to meet decent hetro sexuals partners, so I would imagine that meeting a decent gay man would be pretty disheartening.

Oh Johnnyboy you are possibly skating on thin ice here!

(Alright! Alright! - I know you didn't really mean it like that - you big tease - you!) :wink:

As you know, I use to be a gay man trapped inside the indistinct body of a women. Since my gender augmentation operation I am now a happy ex-transsexual, bisexual woman - and you think you have problems!!!!

To be serious for a moment:

Johnnyboy, you are perfectly correct about being open with people. Everyone on this planet has issues – even the seemingly successful people. Just take a peek at any celebrity magazine to gain an insight into peoples insecurities.

I knew a girl who was just amazing beautiful, yet even she was unable to accept compliments because she was so insecure. I recall once that she said that she wished she had anorexia so she could be more slender! – Go figure that one?

Anyway, the point I am attempting to illustrate is that the majority of people out there are existing in a general state of anxiety – more often than not brought about by a sense of not feeling quite good enough.

This is why Johnnyboy’s advice about opening up a little about your issues is a jolly good idea as it immediately puts people at ease because it allows the other person to empathise a little with you - It is such a relief to discover that you aren’t the only one with problems.

Although, as Johnnyboy quite rightly pointed out – the secret is not to completely bare your soul at the very first meeting – you don’t wish to come across as completely venerable or an emotional wreck.

Adversity tends to bring people together – and a problem shared is a problem halved.

This is what is so great about forums such as this, because it allows people to come together to share their thoughts and experiences knowing that there will be an acceptance and empathy from the membership.

Finally, as I stated before, every single person alive today has issues and consequently an accompanying sense of vulnerability – tap into this with a sense of understanding and empathy and you will find friendship wherever you go.

That was beautifully said.