Sign in to follow this  
kiyose

Thinking seriously about ETS

Hey Kiyose,

Just read through all the pages in your thread. How are things coming along? Just like you, i had a hard time deciding if i should go through with it. I have a thread like yours that had me changing my mind in the old forum. lol. But i eventually got it. :D

Try not to forget about us here at the forums! (I should take my own advice..lol)

Hi Jorel,

I'm the one that contacted you through Myspace. We exchanged emails a few times. I used my real name though, so you probably didn't realise the connection. Yes, things are great. I still can't believe how lucky I've been. After reading all the experiences of other people on this board, I have to say my surgery turned out perfectly. I have no regrets. I agree with you, a lot of people with successful surgery get on with their lives and disappear from here. I will always remember the terrible time I had with hyperhidrosis for 34 years, and promise to come back regularly. If I can help at least one person by talking about my experiences, it will be worth it.

Hi Jorel,

I'm the one that contacted you through Myspace. We exchanged emails a few times. I used my real name though, so you probably didn't realise the connection. Yes, things are great. I still can't believe how lucky I've been. After reading all the experiences of other people on this board, I have to say my surgery turned out perfectly. I have no regrets. I agree with you, a lot of people with successful surgery get on with their lives and disappear from here. I will always remember the terrible time I had with hyperhidrosis for 34 years, and promise to come back regularly. If I can help at least one person by talking about my experiences, it will be worth it.

WoW! Im glad i could help. In a way...i was scared to give my experiences because i know ETS results are so drifferent for everyone. BUt im happy i was able to share my experiences with you. I hardly go into these forums cuz i moved on, but its always good to come back and share any new experiences.

Hey...add me as one of your buddies! :lol:

Hi Jorel,

I know what you mean. My brother has moderate hyperhidrosis and is thinking about surgery. I told him to see a dermatologist, read as much information as possible and to understand all the risks involved. He said I sounded like I was trying to dissuade him. I explained to him that I was very lucky. I have very little CS. Others are not so fortunate. I don't want him making a life decision based on my results alone. Will add you to Myspace. Talk soon.

Hi everyone,

I just got back from the States and I had a fabulous time. I went to LA, Las Vegas and San Francisco. I had a lot of sweat on my torso, but nothing showed through my clothes, so it was fine. Sweating pretty much stopped after ten minutes, once I got into an air conditioned place. It is going to be really humid in Tokyo soon, so will see how my body copes then. Will keep you updated with further news.

Humidity in Tokyo is now averaging 75% during the day. When I'm walking around for a while, I sweat a lot on my back and stomach. I have to be careful that I don't slouch, as the sweat then collects around my stomach area and shows through my top. If I'm indoors, I'm fine. No sweating at all. Overall, I'm very happy with the surgery. This is much better than sweating up to 14-16 hours a day, like I used to. If the humidity gets too much for me, I have a choice to go indoors and stay dry. I didn't have a choice before. I would just sweat regardless of the temperature.

Humidity in Tokyo is now averaging 75% during the day. When I'm walking around for a while, I sweat a lot on my back and stomach. I have to be careful that I don't slouch, as the sweat then collects around my stomach area and shows through my top. If I'm indoors, I'm fine. No sweating at all. Overall, I'm very happy with the surgery. This is much better than sweating up to 14-16 hours a day, like I used to. If the humidity gets too much for me, I have a choice to go indoors and stay dry. I didn't have a choice before. I would just sweat regardless of the temperature.

Hi Kiyose. I got your Myspace comment and just wanted to say thanks for the updates. I remember when i first got the surgery, i always noticed when my body would sweat. Its been 3 years now and my mind pretty much ignores when my body sweats when its hot. I think most of the time, the sweat doesnt soak to the clothes too much if you wear a undershirt or tanktop. Like i mentioned before, if i know it is very hot (85 degrees) i bring an extra tanktop in the car. So far, i only changed my tanktop once in the last 3 years. And it was cuz the party i went to was so hot and i was sweaty from dancing. But my shirt outside wasnt sweaty at all. Anyways, hope everything is well!

Hi Jorel,

It's nice to be able to do normal things now that my hands, armpits and feet don't sweat anymore. Just simple things that people take for granted, like reading a book on the train. I could never do that before because my hands would sweat so much that the pages would get wet.

Having my back and stomach sweat is annoying. However, I'm thinking it is only three months of the year and if worse comes to worse, I will try and stay indoors as much as possible during summer.

Yep, CS sucks and its a nuisance...but I have NEVER once regretted my decision to have ETS done...even during the humid months here in NYC, where humidity is consistently 90% or better.

The trade off for dry hands and underarms, and improved feet, and facial symptoms is well worth enduring the CS----for me!

Actually, you are quite right to infer that ETS is a perfectly safe operation.

I think you really ought to contact all the ETS surgeons you can and act as a sucessful endorsement for them all.

Yes ETS is such a wonderful operation that everyone should get one - whether they need or not. The small, dainty scars and the small bit of compensatory sweating you get is so much more sexy than any tattoo or even a piercing through the tongue.

Not sure whom you are after Miss Lavish with that comment...but if its me...go back over ALL my posts! I think I have been provided an accurate portrayal on ETS and my feelings...and have been very sensitive and supportive to those looking into the procedure!!

I am sorry if ALL my posts do not include waivers and disclaimers and such stating that everyone should do all their research and blah, blah before jumping into this procedure!

Occasionally I should be able to write a positive post regarding ETS (as well as others should be able to...) without a preface of 200 words saying how it is a very personal and important decision-- that may or may not have a positive outcome... and you need to do the research prior...!!!!!!!!!!

And your comment about the tatoo is just OBNOXIOUS!!

Oh dear! Do calm down before you do yourself a mischief.

I’m not entirely certain what a tatoo is, but in any account, what ever you are finding objectionable, I feel certain you’ll get over it.

Being ever so precious isn't a particularly endearing quality and is best left to the likes of Paris Hilton – the poor love. Although, it’s nothing a week spent down the mines wouldn’t put right.

Miss Lavish, I have never inferred that ETS is a perfectly safe procedure, nor has Mchh. If you read all my posts, I have always said that there are lots of risks with ETS, and if people are considering the surgery, they need to read as much information as possible before making a decision either way.

Yes, surgery was successful for Mchh and I. We are both very thankful and realise how lucky we are. As far as I can see, neither of us have ever inferred it was a perfectly safe procedure.

I started this thread in the hope of letting others know they are not alone in their experiences. I have always been honest with my feelings and the things I have gone through over the past four months.

Humidity is around 85% in the day now and if I walk around outside, my chest drips and my back gets wet. I wore two tank tops the other day and the inner one absorbed the sweat. I was really worried about my jeans. They felt damp, but thankfully nothing showed through. My hands, armpits and feet are still dry. I had very minor sweating of the feet after a long day, but nothing like before. I wouldn't really call it sweating, they felt warm and a tiny bit moist. Everything gets back to normal once I get into an air conditioned place. I want to try wearing some light pants or a skirt, but I'm worried I'll have an embarrassing situation, so will stick with jeans for now. Will update again when humidity reaches 90%. Have a great day everyone.

It's still very hot in Tokyo with the humidity being 85-90% on most days. Not much has changed since my last post. My hands and feet are completely dry. My armpits sweat a bit now if I'm not in an air conditioned room. I'm hoping this will stop once the weather gets cooler. My CS, mainly chest and back, is quite bad during the day when I'm outside in the heat, but thankfully, I haven't had any embarrassing situations.

Mine is like yours too. Its hot here in LA. Armpits sweats a bit, so im actually wearing undershirts instead of tanktops underneath. Once it cools down, everythign will be back to normal.

I'm looking forward to the weather cooling down Jorel. It's just so humid at the moment. Do you use anything for your chest and back? I've been thinking about using talcum powder. Not sure if that would ease the sweating a bit. I've noticed that since my feet don't sweat anymore and my armpits only a little, that there's no odour, which is great. You had the operation before me. Have you found the CS better or worse over the past summers?

the only thing that seemed to get worst (which is probably normal for most people) is my armpits. The back and chest is pretty much the same. If its hot, you pretty much sweat. Hope to find a cool place and pray the weather gets better.

As for me, when its hot and i know i will be outdoors in public, i just try to wear clothes that sweat wont show so well. I also wear undershirts etc. And just incase, i will bring extra clothes in the car (which in the last 3 years, i have not yet used).

My CS has not gotten better or worse, and its been two years.

However, this year has been a killer in NYC! It has been Africa hot, with very high humidity~~so travelling in subways, etc always requires me to change undershirts when I reach work or other destination.

THe CS is:

Uncomfortable-yes

A Nuisance-yes

Any regerets about the surgery?-NO!!

Has anybody tried Dehyral or Drysol for their CS? Maybe not the whole body, but...a little on the back and chest to calm it down a bit? Just a thought that I would like to try!

Hi everyone. Just a quick update. It's cooling down now in Tokyo and I haven't sweat at all in the past three weeks. It's been almost six months since my operation. The two scars on my chest are still visible, but have faded a lot. The operation in Japan is done differently to other countries with incisions in the chest and underarms. When I show my friends the scars, they always think they are acne scars, so I guess it doesn't look too bad to others, just me. Hopefully, they'll be gone by this time next year.

Hi everyone. Just a quick update. It's cooling down now in Tokyo and I haven't sweat at all in the past three weeks. It's been almost six months since my operation. The two scars on my chest are still visible, but have faded a lot. The operation in Japan is done differently to other countries with incisions in the chest and underarms. When I show my friends the scars, they always think they are acne scars, so I guess it doesn't look too bad to others, just me. Hopefully, they'll be gone by this time next year.

Mine are gone. Incisions were at the armpits and the NIPPLES! :oops: