Sign in to follow this  
Suzette

Followup ETS

I had ETS T3/4 four years ago, for hand sweating, and I find this is a great place to check in every once in a while to see how people are doing. Most people who are happy with ETS go on with their lives, but periodically like to check back in, and give an update on their situation. I find this very interesting and helpful.

Suzette, Personally, I don't mind if people ask who my surgeon was. I think for some, it is somewhat of a validation that I actually had the procedure done. Others may be looking for a positive or negative reference to help them make a decision. Whatever the reason, the sharing of information(to the extent that you are comfortable with) is what this board is about, right? George.

The problem is, every time a happy with ETS person checks back in, after being gone for a while, they are "jumped on" and accused of being a troll. Most of the people who are doing the questioning, have not had ETS, and are not contemplating getting ETS. They don't even have HH.

That is a pretty harsh slant on things.

There is no "us" vs "them" here. That's an outdated and alienating mindset. It's a support forum, and that's what we ALL do.

The reasons for the requests were very clear and fairly made. Everyone understands and no one else had a problem with it -- they understood exactly what was going on. Besides, sharing who did the surgery will help others decide who to choose for this life-changing procedure. I would hope we are all here to help the next guy.

George, you and Zinedine have done great work on the boards, and I love reading both of your posts. Zinedine puts together a lot of great stuff, and is for real. This is what I'm interested in reading about.