Sign in to follow this  
Miss Lavish

Punctuation is everything

I was drawn to this thread as the only person that I know who thoroughly enjoyed the bestseller by Lynne Truss, "Eats, Shoots & Leaves." So, I will contribute with one little punctuation comment/joke regarding the hyphen.

"There will always be a problem about getting rid of the hyphen: if it's not extra-marital sex (with a hyphen), it is perhaps extra marital sex, which is quite a different bunch of coconuts."

I'm sure no one will find this humourous, except me. :oops:

VC, I think you are on your own with the best seller. If it doesn't have a bunch of specifications, weird symbols, or a bunch of pictures, I generally stay away.

In reference to the sex. Both versions can be construed as "getting some", which is always a good thing! Just one involves a confession and plenty of couch time following. I personally like my couch so no major penance there:-)

B

Mr Viper wrote:

In reference to the sex. Both versions can be construed as "getting some", which is always a good thing! Just one involves a confession and plenty of couch time following. I personally like my couch so no major penance there:-)

Very informative, Mr. Viper. And just how often have you been commited to some penance couch time, I wonder? :shock:

Well Ms. V, I am actually extremely faithful. The only couch time I ever get is when I get drunk and can't make it to the bed. Now extra marital sex, that might include the couch anyway, right?

B

Easy with the word "firm" there V, don't want anyone to get the wrong idea of you intensions.

I also think every marriage should have some "couch time". Hell, table time, floor time, I could go on.

Vicky, that number seems to be busy everytime I call. WTF?? Does ESFB actually stand for extremely superior f$%# buddy?? Just curious. Hopefully I will get through when everyone is satified. Experience is golden. :D

B

OK, so you walked right into that land mine, what can I say. I am usually not this witty. Also, easy with those phone numbers, I tend to dial late at night and with some bad intensions. Maybe I should just drop by???

B

Absolutely! Why DON'T I just drop by? Let's see, you live in Kansas, right?

I'm going to close my eyes, click my heels three times and repeat: "There's NO place like home. There's NO place like home..."

Wait for me, OK? :lol:

Now Dorthy, let's come back to this little place called "reality" and remember that all we need is an address and some frequent flyer miles. Hell, is it not magic that I am talking to you from some 1626.33 miles away??? All while I am sitting in my easy chair listening to Martina? All Dorthy needs is a faster internet connection. Hmm, here we call that "justification for modification".

B

Hi Viper. You can always make me laugh! :wink:

I have the fast internet connection already. Now about the magic part...are you a bad witch or a good witch? Dorothy only hangs out with good witches. The bad ones she smooshes with her house or throws water at them...

BB, now you are not hitting on my girl in front of me, are you?? Hmm, bad for the team. :D

I think V could really use a change of scenery anyway. No hurrcanes here.

V, now I really don't think of myself as a witch, actually the original movie did not include my character. They said I drew too much female attention away from you (Dorothy). My charcter was "stud in the buff". That charcter was too much for Dorothy and she kept fainting during rehersales, so my character was bumped. Oh well, I still have plenty of magic, where it counts. :wink:

B