Tenom

Something I've found relating to iontophoresis

I've noticed there are conflicting views as to how iontophoresis works exactly. Some people argue that it has to do with the sweat glands beings shocked thus paralyzing them temporarily. Another argument is that the sweat pores are plugged by whatever is in the water, aluminum, keratin, minerals whatever. I believe I've found some evidence that supports the latter case.

Today as I was procrastinating from doing my homework I decided to take a knife and push the sweat around on my hand for fun, ya go me :roll: . Anyway I ran the blade perpendicular to my fingers up the blade side of my hand all the way up to my pinky. I noticed on the blade a grayish film. I then pushed my thumb nail along the blade as to have it collect on my nail. I ran the blade on other parts of my hand where i've been using my drionic and sure enough the same grey film is there. Whatever it is, it isn't organic, I used a lighter to engulf it in a flame and it did not char for quite awhile unlike flesh which chars fairly quickly.

I had done this same thing almost a month earlier when I was using hypercare and Odaban.

Sorry... I think my hands do that anyway. I have extremely severe HH in my hands and feet. I often do that too. I'll take my hands and sort of squeegee (can't spell that, sorry) them with the corner of a table, a cd case or something. I do that a lot when I'm bored because it's like natural entertainment in a sick way... I, on the other hand, have never tried to set it on fire... perhaps I'll try that tonight...

The theory behind iontophoresis is electrophoresis. It means getting charged particles to move somewhere - in this case, water deposits under your skin, all over the place. Think of it like shooting a buck shot from far away - you'll hit the target and a bunch of other stuff too. You luck out when the pores eventually get clogged (like zits, I guess...ha...) I know this is how it works because it makes sense to me, as I am an electronic engineer with vast bio-chem experience. Electrophoresis is used to paint cars on assembly lines (electrophoretic painting), strip/plate metals (electroplating), etc. Phoresis means "transmission", move, transport, to transmit, etc... You get the idea...

electro / ionto / y

phoresis / plating / x

Whatever you want to call it, it's all the same idea... good info though.

The idea of it working by shocking the pores... I'm not so sure that's accurate. It might play some part in it because of the fact that it's living tissue... I don't honestly think that is part of the reason it works though.

Ya i made that post awhile ago. Since then i've found that my hands give off the same stuff when i'm not treating them with anything its just the salts/minerals that come off with sweat.