Jorel

OMG!! Im Back!! =)

Hey guys...

You might remember me from the prevoius forum. My account name was Jrel and most of you witnessed me change my mind hundreds of times about going with ETS. I want to apologize for not coming around like i said I would after the surgery. I guess in a way, i wanted to forget about the past.

Well...its nice to see we can still read the old forum...im not sure who is here anymore (nausikaa, princess sarah ...you here?!?), but i'd like to update you guys on what i've been through since i last posted.

For the new members, I'll start off with what procedure i went through. I did a clamping on the T3/T4 nerve with Dr. Reisfeld in Beverly Hills on September 3, 2004. Life couldn't be any better. Though my back and stomach sweat when its hot, i would take that over sweaty palms.

In the last year...I GOT MARRIED!! Check it out on my MYSPACE! I also started my own business! I shake hands every day, =)

I did sweat once on my palms and that was about 4 days after the surgery..only lasted one night.

Other than that...Life is great. Please feel free to ask any questions. Glad to be back...and i promise to hang around this time.

Hey guys.

Its been about 7 months since i last posted. My wife is pregnant. It's gonna be a boy!!! :D I pray that he does not have HH like i did. I actually went to this site cuz a member emailed me some questions, so i'd figure i'd see what is going on.

Well hope all is well. Nothing new from me.

Congratulations Jorel. Such great news for you. Yes, I love being able to shake hands as well. I dont even think about sweating these days. It's so amazing to me, after living with hyperhidrosis for 34 years.

Hi, glad to hear things have turned out so well for you.

Could you tell me how physically active you are (sports, exercise, etc.)?

Would you say the surgery has effected it at all?

I'm 24 myself and have considered ETS for a long time but am kind of hesitant to do it for now.

I've heard stories of how it can make your head foggy and clouded and cause difficulty thinking and concentrating as well as make it easier to get winded and lower a person's energy level.

Also, how much was the procedure for you? Did your health insurance cover it?

I did sweat once on my palms and that was about 4 days after the surgery..only lasted one night.

I also sweat one last time and during a nap about 3 days after the surgery. Boy, i wish i had've known about this so-called "ghost sweating" and how common it is back then, because I nearly lost my mind!!

And by the way, congratulation's on your achievements... that's awesome!!

Hi, glad to hear things have turned out so well for you.

Could you tell me how physically active you are (sports, exercise, etc.)?

Would you say the surgery has effected it at all?

I'm 24 myself and have considered ETS for a long time but am kind of hesitant to do it for now.

I've heard stories of how it can make your head foggy and clouded and cause difficulty thinking and concentrating as well as make it easier to get winded and lower a person's energy level.

Also, how much was the procedure for you? Did your health insurance cover it?

Sorry it took so long for me to respond. I occasionally check back every couple months or so. To start off, i am very active. I play ball 3 times a week and hit they gym aswell. I started lifting wieghts again 2 months after surgery. To be honest, i dont feel anything different after the surgery compared to before. CS in my case i think is minimal. I sweat on my back if the weather is like 90 degrees. I just make sure i have an undershirt on. When i workout heavily i sweat from the nipple down. You can see the sweat stains...noone mentioned it to me yey...also i wear white so you cant really see the wierd stains.

the procedure cost me about 7k. insurance wasnt going to cover mine.

Feel free to ask me any other questions if needed. :D

Hey guys...this week has been HELL. Why? well...

My 8 month old has sweaty palms...i didnt mind it much till my wife Said "His hands are really really sweaty!". I felt guilty that it has passed to him. I started thinking about when i had sweaty palms again..and my hands started tingling a bit. So i checked..and they were dry. I started going through the symptoms i had when i had sweaty palms...except my palms wernt sweating (Phantom Sweating). Its been a horrible past 4-5 days cuz i cant go a minute without checking if my hands are sweating....stupid part is...its not!...i did see some "speckles"..but i dont think it is enough to actually be considered sweat....and thats if i look under a lamp.

Its dissapointing cuz for 3.5 years..everything has been so good, and now..cuz of ive been thinking too much, ive been having anxiety over something that isnt there. Im pretty much worrying over nothing. It sucks. :cry: I pray this is just a phase i am going through and will go away. I keep convicing myself that its dry, but a few mins later, im think it isnt.

:cry:

did u have ETS for palmar HH?

i have followed part of your story and hoped u would be one of the lucky ones to be successful with the OP. I have kept quiet about successful patients because I really did hope some of ya'll would be different, and i didnt want to plant seeds of fear or worry in anyones mind. few understand just how powerful the mind can be

could be nerves are growing-trying to reconnect, please keep us posted as to how you are doing ((((many hugs)))

did u have ETS for palmar HH?

i have followed part of your story and hoped u would be one of the lucky ones to be successful with the OP. I have kept quiet about successful patients because I really did hope some of ya'll would be different, and i didnt want to plant seeds of fear or worry in anyones mind. few understand just how powerful the mind can be

could be nerves are growing-trying to reconnect, please keep us posted as to how you are doing ((((many hugs)))

I'll definately keep you guys posted. This forum has been alot of help for me. If you noticed...i was on here even before i had the surgery, and you can follow every step i took to make the decision. Even though im going through this "week of hell", i still consider it a success with no regrets. Its really my mind doing all the harm. If i didnt start thinking too much about it, i probably would still be happy not even aware that my hands can MILDLY sweat.

Regardless, im still trying to just get it out of my head. Really no reason for me to worry, but i guess when you've been dry for 3.5 years...a tiny bit of sweat can shock you.

I just pray i can cope with it better cuz i know there are alot of worst things out there...and my family doesnt deserve this from me.

Hey Jorel, congratulations!!

I rarely go on here these days! MySpace is my new thang haha.

Hope you and everyone are doing just great! :D

Hey Sarah...well my anxiety is getting better. I think im having fears of my hands sweating like crazy again. Something i just need to stop worrying about (like the past 3 years in which i totally forgot bout sweaty hands). Ive heard of sweat returning, like T4_patient and Nakkisau, but it seems to be a level that is minimal (nothing like pre ETS for them). I just need to get my mind straight. The past 4 weeks, only one time i remember my hand sweatin very little...and that was in church cuz i got worked up about holding hands with a stranger during prayer, but im not even sure it was enough sweat for the other person to notice.

anyways, please keep me in your prayers that this "worry" of mine will go away.

Update: 4 year update!

its been 4 months since i noticed the sparkles in my hands. My hands at most get damp when hot and nervous. Not enough that it drips sweat. Heck! i dont think others even notice when i shake thier hands. My hands get pretty cold too. I really believe that its all mental for me..i try my best not to think about it.

For insatnce, yesterday, i went to a wedding. My hands were pretty dry...it was about 85 degrees outdoor. I shook alot of hands, most dry a few pretty sweaty. No big deal...those with sweaty hands shook hands with confidence. I realized that alot of hands sweat, and it doesnt change the person we are. They were actually the ones initiating hand shakes.

Anyway, im really just trying to forget about this reoccurance im having. It really only gets damp when i think about shaking hands. I get nervous....but when im there about to shake hands...its actually fairly dry. ITS ALL MENTAL with me.

With that said, i probably wont be on the site much longer because everytime i talk about my condition, i feel im regressing in my goal to foget or atleast control the thought of returning sweat. Everytime i visit this site, i end up thinking about my condition for the whole day...which isnt good for what im going through currently. I hope you guys understand. Anxiety is a ****! lol.

Good luck to all!