irishrose

********* NEWS ABOUT CHANEL

Hello my friends -- I just received this email from Helen Brown -- she is one of the two journalists who wrote the stories about the "anti-blushing" product upcoming from Chanel - here is what she had to say:

Thank you for your email. I am sorry that you have not been able to track down any further information on Chanel's anti-blush make-up. I assure you that I got the information in the article on good authority from the man who creates all of Chanel's make-up so the story was in no way fabricated (at least not on my part).

As the products are not due to launch until 2007 it is unlikely that most of Chanel's representatives would, at this stage, know about the products. I think the best thing to do would be to check with them again in the New Year and look out for further features on the range in newspapers and magazines then.

Another good range you may be interested in trying is Cover FX, a make-up range that is often used to conceal skin problems or birthmarks, as it also acts as a camouflage. It is available from Harvey Nichols.

I am sorry I cannot help you further at this stage.

Kind regards,

Helen Brown

Assistant Health & Beauty Editor

Style

020 7782 5238

This made my whole day!! Don't give up folks, now we have a connection who is sympathetic to our cause and got her info from the source!!! It's a good day for Team Blushing!

Ah, shucks Bob...I read that email and I ....b-l-u-s-h-e-d!! Big surprise!Consider the electronic bouquet already sent! :-)

I wrote Helen Brown a huge thank you note and told her to keep us in mind when she comes into contact with the industry giants -- that there are huge $$ to be made by the company who can lick this! I pointed out that there is a huge MALE population in need of help, and lots of us women too. I am still so thrilled to have finally broken through the wall of silence -- this credible journalist heard/saw of this product firsthand. I guess we will need to be patient until the New Year like she suggests and then start "bugging" again -- I'll ask for her help next go around! She obviously gets info that we don't and she seems genuinely empathetic to our cause.

Hey Serenity, CALL HOME!! Now that is someone who deserves an electronic bouquet...our Canadian French speaker who wrote letters, and make calls in multiple languages, you go girl!! Check in Serenity -- I am anxious to hear from you.

Hey, has anyone ever heard of a statistic -- the number of people estimated to suffer from "blushing" -- I'll bet the official number is lower than the real one because people (like myself) feel ashamed and don't even want to post on boards like this one -- lots of people read but don't write -- don't want to be "seen" -- I can totally relate to that, been there done that myself.

My thanks in return to all of you who wrote letters and politely "bugged" about the Chanel cause -- :-)

Hi, i dont drop in as much as i used to but i'd like to say this is GREAT news and thankyou soooooo much for putting yourselves out there and getting the info all of us have needed.

THANKYOU. :D

I received an email from Helen Brown too and I thanked her kindly.

I'm wondering, now that we have confirmation this product isn't a figment of someone's imagination, and we have an email to prove it, we should push again for more info from Chanel. If the representatives weren't allowed to release info or they're not normally privy to products set for release in 2007, wouldn't they just have said so? Maybe tell us to contact them again in a few months. Instead they told us that it doesn't exist. This could be down to it not being marketed for blushers but we did use the term "thermo-pigment technology" didn't we? If we didn't, maybe we should emphasise the "thermo-pigment" thingy-me-jiggy. There can't be many products using thermo-pigments set for release in 2007.

It still doesn't add up to me. Either they know about products released next year or not. If not then why not just say so. :?

Hey Steve,

I am simply delighted that you also got a reply from Helen, what a sweetheart to reply to her emails like this! I totally agree with you -- I feel excited yet guarded since -- my fear is that Chanel bagged the product at some point...although -- according to those articles, DM was so excited about the product, called it revolutionary, said that it was in its FINAL stages of development, all positive signs.

I am going to write to Helen again tomorrow -- pushing my luck maybe -- but ask her if she will contact Chanel on our behalf... she has alot more clout than we do as individuals. I hate the idea of going back banging on Chanels door again as they give you NOTHING --- a big fat NOTHING -- in reply, just a form letter deal, don't bother us, said more politely than that. Since Helen has the power of the press on her side and MAYBE a direct inroad to DM -- the man himself -- I will plead our cause again with her and see if she will send an inquiry on our behalf. Keep your fingers crossed.

Steve, did Helen give you any more info in her reply? She is on my A list for making the effort to return our emails, what a gal!

We havent been given enough info to 'understand' the technology Marc, so I cant explain it to you.

The concept however is simple - the product is applied and appears invisible. However, the product responds to the temp change as the face flushes and triggers the pigment.

It appears that the idea is to have a camouflage coverage that switches on and off to react to blushing.

I cant say whether this is possible as I have no knowledge in the field. But it appears that the guys at Chanel believe it to be VERY possible as they claim to have produced such a product.

Time will tell.

BB

Hey Steve,

I am simply delighted that you also got a reply from Helen, what a sweetheart to reply to her emails like this! I totally agree with you -- I feel excited yet guarded since -- my fear is that Chanel bagged the product at some point...although -- according to those articles, DM was so excited about the product, called it revolutionary, said that it was in its FINAL stages of development, all positive signs.

I am going to write to Helen again tomorrow -- pushing my luck maybe -- but ask her if she will contact Chanel on our behalf... she has alot more clout than we do as individuals. I hate the idea of going back banging on Chanels door again as they give you NOTHING --- a big fat NOTHING -- in reply, just a form letter deal, don't bother us, said more politely than that. Since Helen has the power of the press on her side and MAYBE a direct inroad to DM -- the man himself -- I will plead our cause again with her and see if she will send an inquiry on our behalf. Keep your fingers crossed.

Steve, did Helen give you any more info in her reply? She is on my A list for making the effort to return our emails, what a gal!

My email was exactly the same as yours.

Maybe mention to her that we received info that no such product exists. It wasn't like we received a "sorry we don't know", "we can't find out" or "contact us in jan" kind of answer. I got the impression that they did check for coming releases didn't you?

Anyway, good luck and thanks irishrose, lets hope Helen can at the very least confirm that the product is still being released next year

Irish,

A big wet smacker on the cheek for you and everyone else who has contributed (like Serenity etc).

Welldone, you have performed a great service for our little community :)

See, we can get things done when we put our minds to it!

BB

didn't want to let this topic get too far away...:).. I actually emailed chanel customer service...but no reply yet. How long did it take for them to get back to you guys? Anybody else have any new info?

much appreciated

lextreme

Hi to everyone....sorry but I'm not english and I've some problems with language and I have also some problems with this tread...I'm confused about Chanel thermo pigment situation....I remember that Chanel say that this product doesn't exist(through an e-mail sent to Vickygirl or another member of this forum..)....What's happened now?? Are you sure that Chanel thermo pigment will be really out on 2007 or not?? Thank you in advance for the answer..!! bye bye to everyone

Hi Miracle,

No, I haven't gotten ANY emails... :cry:

But other members of this board have received replies (Irishrose). I'm still hopeful that a product will come out in 2007. Chanel is just being a little secretive about it, I hope?