Sign in to follow this  
shaun

Nose Swelling

Hi everyone

I need some advice,help my nose for the last 18 months as been awful the swelling ,mostly at the tip as gone on on ,the burning is very bad .I started taking accutane 10 mg per day about 3 monthe ago as yet the only chang is the oily nose problem as ceased which i think is great.

Anyway does anyone know when or if the swelling will go down? i am afraid it will lead to rhnompoia which my grandad had very badly

Is there anything else i can do to help ,i have Dr Nases book but time as moved on & there may be newer things .

Dr Nase can you give me some hope my life is crap at the moment.

Thanks Shaun.

Guest Anonymous
Hi everyone

I need some advice,help my nose for the last 18 months as been awful the swelling ,mostly at the tip as gone on on ,the burning is very bad .I started taking accutane 10 mg per day about 3 monthe ago as yet the only chang is the oily nose problem as ceased which i think is great.

Anyway does anyone know when or if the swelling will go down? i am afraid it will lead to rhnompoia which my grandad had very badly

Is there anything else i can do to help ,i have Dr Nases book but time as moved on & there may be newer things .

Dr Nase can you give me some hope my life is crap at the moment.

Thanks Shaun.

Shawn,

Keep the faith. Rhinophyma is difficult to treat, but you are using the number one treatment for it -- accutane. The pros use it for one to two years on rhinophyma. Some notice shrinkage in 3 months others in 4 to 8 months -- the longer it takes the more advanced the stage and the longer you should stay on it theoretically.

Once it gets a hold of the rhinophyma, many notice a daily iimprovement which is very rewarding.

Keep us posted. Dont even start to evaluate.

Guest Anonymous

If you want a two pronged attack, disucss the oral dapsone + accutane combo that they use in the most explosive form of rosacea -- rosacea fulminans. Just an option.

Thanks Dr Nase for the reply , you make me feel a lot better .

one question , could i have plasic surgery on the swollen tip of my nose to rid mysellf of the enlargement and would it grow back again ?

waiting for the swelling to go down is perhaps apart my from my forthcoming grandchild the most wished for thing on my mind .

Thanks Shaun

Dr Nase would Dr Crouch be able to do anything about my nose swelling mainly at the tip

Ihave taken accutane for the last 4 months but the last couple of weeks my flushing ,burning ,& redness as returned big time it as depressed me so much i thought the accutane was working but ,since we have arrived at the winter months the heating in the office is unbearable . By the end of the day my nose is swollen and red and the burning is very painful .What can i do ? i am desperate i can see no end to this nightmare life.

thanks for all your help Shaun

Hello everyone.

Sorry to keep asking questions but were else can i go ?

Did i read somewere that masarge of the swollen tip of your nose helps to release the fluid that is under the skin? i know it will hurt but if it works i am desperate enough to try anything

Shaun

Guest Anonymous
Thanks Dr Nase for the reply , you make me feel a lot better .

one question , could i have plasic surgery on the swollen tip of my nose to rid mysellf of the enlargement and would it grow back again ?

waiting for the swelling to go down is perhaps apart my from my forthcoming grandchild the most wished for thing on my mind .

Thanks Shaun

With plastic surgery, it will grow back again.

If you combine plastic surgery with some key microcauterizations of feed vessels while the nose is open, this is much better.