Sign in to follow this  
VickyGirl

Griping Session Topic...

Hi Mallory!

Why did you take off your "griping" post? :(

I loved the idea and was just bursting with my own special complaint, then I couldn't find you anymore?

Yes, it IS freakin' hot! Well, you know that South FL at least has the ocean breeze so it's not too bad. But I'm stuck inside working and wistfully looking out the window at the people outside...it's in the nineties here... Not too bad at all. Am I allowed to complaing about other things besides the heat? I have plenty, today! :D

Mallory,

"Changeable" is a good thing! It's the people who won't bend, who won't change their minds (even if wrong) who I have an issue with! I think that the Hezbollah-Israel conflict wouldn't exist if people would just modify their rigid stance, their immutable attitude on things... :(

Please don't evaporate, BB! You're one thing that I wouldn't want changed! :wink:

OK. So here's my gripe or maybe it's just amazement! I just received an invitation to a formal wedding ceremony. Before I got swept away in a romantic moment, I read, in the "RSVP section", that if I choose to bring a guest, I am required to send $175 for cost of their plate & champagne glass for toast when RSVP'ing. The cost of alcoholic beverages not included as there will be a cash bar. Huh? I have never heard of something like this before!

Furthermore, it said that the couple is not receiving gifts but instead kindly request that their wedding gift be only in monetary form and a bank account # is noted. A preprinted envelope is enclosed for the timely mailing of your check prior to the ceremony. Please refrain from sending cash via the post, unless bringing it to ceremony. In bold: "Deposit of the gift funds are preferred two weeks prior to ceremony".

Is this not tackiest thing or am I just totally out of fashion?? Or am I being a cheap scrooge...Now, I don't even want to attend! Is this common now??

Don't know. I had to elope. Maybe thats why Im divorced now?

:lol: imo, eloping is probably the most romantic of all! Plus, those big elaborate weddings can have just as many problems, right?

Maybe to save time & energy, everyone should elope? No hectic wedding plans, meddling relatives, cost, complications and nervousness! I mean, what's better than getting hitched at the Elvis Little Chapel of Love! :D I'm not entirely joking, my close friend got married in Vegas...with Elvis as a witness! Best wedding pics, I've ever seen, imo! :wink:

are you talking to me? :|

Mickeymouse, let's get ONE thing clear. I was NOT talking to you. I've been called alot of things in my life but subtle 'aint one of them.

I was definitely talking to Vicky NOT Mickey!

Plus don't you have enough problems with so many fellows already wanting you? You should really make up your mind about one of them first! This fellow is just fine on this side of the fence.

Cheers then! (as you all say over there) Americans only say this when were drinking! :lol:

Ok. So, I need to gripe again. :evil:

Don't you hate it when people are just rude but then they smile at the same time (or put a smiley face like so: :D ) so now it's supposed to be funny instead of offensive? For example, let's pretend someone types:

"You are an idiot and a waste of my time. :D "

Now, how the heck am I supposed to take this? Is this supposed to be funny because of the smiley or is it just rude as the words indicate? :roll:

:D That's how I like to be. A bit deranged but happy. It's all good.

:( I hate feeling this way and do what I can to avoid it.

8) Me wearing the hats or on the bike

:lol: This is just good for the soul. Gotta do this everyday.

:evil: This is for mean people, or nasty thoughts, or naughty thoughts which can also be covered by

:wink: but only the tamer variety

:roll: This is contempt or 'can you believe it' or if 'I've been a dope'

:x He's either frustrated or Chinese, I can't tell.

We need a spanky guy :shock:

:lol:

TP, you are hilarious! My "expression of choice" is the :D even if I seem strange. And yes, in addition to the spanky guy, I'm missing a hug one and an exhausted one. In fact, the exhausted one would be good about now...

Take care! [insert hug one]